Electrical and mechanical devices require attention and maintenance. Regular and preventive maintenance guarantees extended service life and proper functioning. With air conditioners, it is extremely important to maintain and clean the vents, not only to ensure your cooling and heating work more efficiently. Also, you need to make sure the system does not pump in the dirt and allergens.
Why Is It Important to Clean Your Vents?
House vent cleaning is important as long as there is a great number of particles in them. This includes pollen, dirt, and even hair and other materials that could impair the quality of the air pumped in your living space. For the quality of your life and the air you breathe it is key to keep these particles out of the space that you are cooling. If you have allergies, all the more reasons to keep the nasty pollen particles, bacteria and mites out of your home. Additionally, if the system works harder to pump the air through the vents, it can be overloaded and lead to malfunctions.
How to Clean Air Ducts?
The process is not complicated, but you need to prepare properly and acquire all of the items. So here’s what you’ll need:
- Nylon or newspapers to protect the cleaning area
- Cleaning brush and broom
- Powerful vacuum cleaner
Here Is the Step-By-Step Process on How to Clean Vents:
- Turn off the power on your air-co system as safety is always your first concern.
- Prepare the area where you are about to do the cleaning, even if you are vacuuming afterward. Nylon and newspapers can catch the filth and make your job easier. Don’t spare the material as it really helps!
- Depending on the position of the vent and the type, use your screwdriver to remove the grills. The brush can help to remove dust and filth from the grates, but to really do a good job it’s recommended to submerge the grill in the water with some detergent and wash thoroughly.
- The next step is vacuuming the ducts, if your household vacuum is low on power or inadequate for this task, you can always rent an industrial heavy-duty type to do the cleaning. In any case, make sure it includes a long hose which will help with reaching the depths of your ducts and removing as much filth as possible. Mold and mildew are often present within the system and it’s mandatory to get rid of those completely. If you have trouble with this, consider hiring a professional.
- Lastly, clean the grills around your home. Use the ladder where necessary and protect the cleaning area as well. Use the broom and brush, and if need be, to remove the grills for proper water cleaning. When your system is fresh and clean, it works on maximum efficiency and it does not pump in all sorts of particles that could be extremely hazardous. Imagine the pollen season if you’re allergic, your air-co could be the first line of defense during the blossoming period, but if your vents are full of pollen then you’re risking polluting the air in your house.
If you need professional help with the cleaning of your system give us a call. We use the high-end cleaning systems to get rid of the pollen, bacteria, and mites, improving the quality of your air and the way your air-co systems run.